Details of the Commissioned Piece:
- Composition will be for Grade 3 Concert Band, 3:00 - 4:00 duration.
- Energetic, driving, Celebratory feel throughout.
- With the COVID-19 pandemic drastically affecting and changing our world, the piece will be a hopeful reminder of perseverance and optimism in the face of unprecedented difficulty. A Spring 2021 target premier for your band could be ideal in this respect.
Participating groups/schools will receive the following:
- Digital copies of score and full set of parts.
- A physical copy of the score, signed by composer.
- A Zoom rehearsal with composer (In-person visit/rehearsal for schools in the greater Wichita, KS area).
About R. Christopher Teichler
The Star-Spangled Banner
The First Noel
Hello! I write music that I hope will engage with a broad range of listeners. I've written works for everything ranging from middle school band through professional symphony. I've written more choral music than for any other genre, for church choirs as well as college/university ensembles. My music is mostly self-published, but I also have works available from Alfred, Kjos, Lorenz, BRS Music and Pelican Music. Something I pride myself on is that while I am a musical artist, I'm also a regular guy. I will happily discuss classical music one minute and baseball/football the next! For more info on me and my music, you can visit my website: christeichler (dot) com. Thanks!
Over the years, I have commissioned several works from Christopher Teichler. His music is brilliantly written with
beautiful, memorable melodies and interesting harmonies. He is a master of writing music that is both exciting for the performer and engaging for the audience. I can't recommend his works enough. More so, if you have the opportunity to work with him, take it. You'll rarely work with a finer musician or a kinder human being.