*** PREVIEW and LISTEN to Movement I ***
2 B-flat Clarinets
2 F Horns
1 B-flat Trumpet
3 Percussion (Cymbals, Triangle, Glockenspiel, Xylophone, Marimba, Vibraphone)
Transformation Concerto: for oboe & orchestra is a piece composed for and dedicated to Jonathan Thompson, a skilled oboist and professor at UNT, who thrives on performing new works. Fascinated by the Chinese Zodiac, he shared with me a story of when he initially thought he was born into the Year of the Snake, but discovered it was truly the Year of the Dragon. Up until that point, he always felt himself living in the bushes as a Snake. Now, he is taking flight as the Dragon he is.
This concerto is inspired by that idea of transformation: knowing where you once were, accepting the truth, and culminating into where you were always meant to be.
One movement is currently composed, this consortium will bring the other two to life! Feel free to listen to the NotePerformer Preview audio, as well as peruse the score at the link above.
Participation in the consortium includes the following:
* One set of performance materials, ready for a 2020/2021 performance!
* Exclusive rights to performing the piece for 9 months
* A free Skype-in (or, if nearby, in-person) session with the orchestra
* A massive shoutout on my newsletter and social media platforms, to promote you and your organization
* Guaranteed access to bring Jonathan Thompson, the dedicated oboist, to perform with your ensemble
* Your name and your ensemble listed in the score and on my website
* Monthly updates
The first participant in this consortium is Matthew Salvaggio, Music Director and Conductor for the Euclid Symphony Orchestra. Thank you, Matthew!
NOTE: To contact Jonathan Thompson to discuss performance fees and travel, please visit his website at: